I once wrote about questions that YOU ask during an interview that sabotage your chances of winning the job.
The big mistakes include asking about pay, asking about training programs, asking questions that you can easily find on the Internet, and not coming prepared to ask questions.The best questions to ask during a job interview. #jobsearch #careermanagementClick To Tweet
Now I want to give you some of my favorite questions for a prospect to ask during an interview. Here they are:
- I’m very self-motivated. How will you measure my success in this position after one full year?
- The first 30 days are very important for me to meet as many team members as possible. How will you recommend I do that?
- What are the Top 3 skills or experiences you are looking for that may not be mentioned in the job description?
- Of all of the people who have worked for you, what are the characteristics of those who have stood out as great performers?
- I have to admit I’m a perfectionist in some areas. What are the aspects of this position that absolutely require precision and attention to detail?
- Of all of the criteria you have outlined for this position, what are the Top 3 in stack rank order?
- The position we are discussing is something I am very excited about. Can you give me feedback on how I am meeting your qualifications and if I will proceed to the next level of the hiring process? (This is called “going for the close” or “asking for the order” in sales.)
As an experienced hiring manager and interviewer, I am impressed when a candidate brings out a piece of paper with their questions written out. Obviously, they are prepared, thoughtful and thorough. It’s even better when they write down the answers under each question!
Now that’s the type of employee I need on my team. What a great example showing how that person will prepare for an important meeting.Join Dana Manciagli’s Job Search Master Class now & access the comprehensive job search system!Click To Tweet
Join Dana Manciagli’s Job Search Master Class right now and immediately access the most comprehensive job search system currently available!